BUILDING A STRONG ECONOMY
Low tax and regulatory environments attract business investment, creating robust job growth and stable state revenues. Nancy will continue to promote such policies, supporting a prosperous economic future for Arizona. See how the Legislature plans to spend your tax dollars next year - a 2014 Session Synopsis.
Arizona Free Enterprise Club rates Barto with perfect score
Americans for Prosperity “Friend of the Taxpayer” four years in a row
- “Guardian of Small Business” by the National Federation of Independent Business in 2014
The competitive workplace our children face tomorrow demands bold education reform today. The aim is excellence and no child should be trapped in an underperforming school because of demographics or lack of resources.
When schools are adequately funded, innovate to meet students’ needs and teachers expect academic excellence – everyone wins.
Arizona’s parents must continue to be empowered to choose the best education option for their children.
Keep teachers and parents in control of their school standards and curricula. Common Core is not the answer.
Fund schools appropriately, expect excellence and reward the best teachers to do the job.
…..Without a huge new government “solution” is possible. In fact, it’s fundamental to our individual liberties. Protecting consumer choice and enabling a free market in health care must be the focus. Visualize the effects of Obamacare.
- Transparent Prices – Patients should know what health care costs. See Health Care Costs – Ask and you shall receive
- Curbing Medical Malpractice Lawsuits can improve the business climate for physicians and reduce defensive medicine practices - hiking health care costs.
- Maximizing Insurance, Minimizing Third-party payers. Put patients in control of their health and their health care dollars by building on Health Savings Accounts and enabling innovative, lower cost health care solutions.
- Portability – Health insurance shouldn’t be dependent upon a job or lost when one changes employers. See how portable insurance could work here.
- The Uninsurables - The ACA is neither Accountable nor Affordable - and it won’t even ensure everyone receives care! Risk pools and premium support for patients with pre-existing conditions would be less expensive and protect health care freedom.
When government undermines the right to life – it is only a matter of time before other unalienable Rights are undermined and destroyed. Reading the Declaration of Independence…
“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness…”
… a government that finds a way to thwart the rights of the individual, especially those lacking political power, will soon find a reason to thwart yours and mine. An outspoken advocate for the right to life, Nancy is committed to protecting the most vulnerable at every stage of life. See how Arizona laws protect & defend life here.
PROTECTING MARRIAGE & RELIGIOUS LIBERTY
Government promotion of unions other than the traditional definition of marriage undermines the unique roles of men and women within the family.
- Protecting the definition of marriage as “one man and one woman” is integral to the stability and health of the family. Why should government care? For the status of marriage laws across the country, click here.
- Nancy believes citizens should be free to exercise their religious beliefs – free from government intrusion - including these protections.
SECURING OUR BORDERS
The Federal government has failed the border states by not securing our borders and enforcing our laws. In addition, the administration continues to fight our attempts to mitigate the negative effects of illegal immigration upon our state. That’s why Nancy continues to support legislation aimed at addressing this issue including:
- Empowering local police to enforce Federal immigration law Read how SB 1070 Supreme Court decision affects AZ.
- Sanctioning employers who engage in illegal hiring practices
- Enhanced border funding and national guard measures
- Strengthening Arizona’s human smuggling and drop house laws
- Assuring state welfare benefits are not awarded to those in the state illegally
DEFENDING YOUR RIGHT To BEAR ARMS
It is your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Nancy believes your safety and that of the community depends on your right as a law abiding citizen to protect yourself, your family, and your property. Nancy has supported and will continue to support legislation that clarifies and strengthens your second amendment rights.