A STRONG ECONOMY
Government doesn’t create wealth, but too much government can impede it. Low tax and regulatory environments attract business investment and allow existing businesses to thrive, creating the jobs that provide stable state revenues for education, public safety and infrastructure. Nancy’s record speaks for itself.
Arizona Free Enterprise Club rates Barto with perfect score
Americans for Prosperity 2015 “Champion of the Taxpayer”
- NFIB 2015 “Senator of the Year”
The competitive workplace our children face tomorrow demands bold education reform today. The aim is excellence. No child should be trapped in an underperforming school because of demographics or lack of resources.
Arizona’s parents must be empowered to choose the best education option for their children.
Keep teachers and parents in control of their school standards and curricula. Common Core is not the answer.
…..Without government mandates is possible. In fact, freedom of choice over our health care is fundamental to individual liberty. Protecting consumer choice, enabling a free market in health care and holding government accountable must be the focus. On the flipside, track the latest on Obamacare.
- Transparent Prices – Patients should know what health care costs. In Arizona, now they can(Forbes’ piece)!
- Curbing Medical Malpractice
- Affordability through a competitive health care market – Put patients in control of their health and their health care dollars by enabling innovative, lower cost health care solutions and a free market health care sector.
When government undermines our unalienable right to life – it is only a matter of time before other rights are undermined and destroyed. The Declaration of Independence says in part…
“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness…”
A government that thwarts the rights of a certain class of individuals, especially those lacking political power, will soon find a reason to thwart yours and mine. An outspoken advocate for the right to life, Nancy is committed to protecting the most vulnerable at every stage of life.
PROTECTING MARRIAGE & RELIGIOUS LIBERTY
- Protecting the definition of marriage as “one man and one woman” is integral to the stability and health of the family. Why should government care?
- Nancy believes citizens should be free to exercise their religious beliefs – free from government intrusion – including these protections.
SECURING OUR BORDERS
The Federal government has failed the border states by not securing our borders and enforcing our laws. Nancy supported legislation to mitigate the negative effects of illegal immigration upon our state including:
- Empowering local police to enforce Federal immigration law
- Sanctioning employers who engage in illegal hiring practices
- Enhanced border funding and national guard measures
- Strengthening Arizona’s human smuggling and drop house laws
- Assuring state welfare benefits are not awarded to those in the state illegally
DEFENDING YOUR RIGHT To BEAR ARMS
It is your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Nancy believes your safety and that of the community depends on your right as a law abiding citizen to protect yourself, your family, and your property. Nancy has supported and will continue to support legislation that clarifies and strengthens your second amendment rights. See Nancy’s 2016 voting record on 2nd amendment-related legislation – compiled by Arizona Citizens Defense League.