BUILDING A STRONG ECONOMY
Low tax and regulatory environments attract business investment, creating robust job growth and stable state revenues. Nancy will continue to promote such policies, supporting a prosperous economic future for Arizona. Read Budget Stability & Jobs Dominate Session
…..Without a huge new government ”solution” is possible. In fact, it’s vital to our liberty on practically every level. Protecting consumer choice and enabling a free market in health care must be the focus. Visualize the effects of Obamacare.
- Curbing Medical Malpractice Lawsuits will provide a better business climate for physicians and reduce rampant defensive medicine practices – hiking health care costs.
- Maximizing Insurance, Minimizing Third-party payors – returning financial power to consumers by building on Health Savings Accounts, interstate insurance and other competitive options.
- Portability – Health insurance should not be dependent upon a job or lost when one changes employers.
- Transparent Prices – Patients should know what health care costs.
- The Uninsurables - Affordable risk pool and/or premium support for patients with pre-existing conditions.
The dynamic and competitive workplace our children face tomorrow demands bold education reforms today. The status quo is no longer acceptable.
No child should be trapped in an underperforming school because of demographics, lack of resources or options. When schools tailor programs that meet students’ needs and raise student expectations, parents flock to them. Schools remaining complacent will be left behind, leaving our children behind.
The aim is excellence. Parents must be empowered to access the best education option for their children. And schools must be held accountable for delivering it.
When government undermines in law our nation’s most basic human right – the right to life – it is only a matter of time before other unalienable Rights are undermined and destroyed. The Declaration of Independence…
“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness…”
A government that finds a way to thwart the rights of the individual, especially those lacking political power, will soon find a reason to thwart yours and mine. An outspoken advocate for the right to life, Nancy is committed to protecting the most vulnerable at every stage of life.
Government promotion of unions other than the traditional definition of marriage undermines the unique roles of men and women within the family.
- Protecting the definition of marriage as “one man and one woman” is integral to the stability and health of the family.
SECURING OUR BORDERS
The Federal government has failed us by not securing our borders and addressing the causes of illegal immigration and its effects upon our state.
Nancy believes our government has a moral obligation to the citizens of Arizona to solve this problem. That’s why Nancy supported and will continue to push critical legislation that effectively addresses this issue including:
- Empowering local police to enforce Federal immigration law
- Sanctioning employers who engage in illegal hiring practices
- Enhanced border funding and national guard measures
- Strengthening Arizona’s human smuggling and drop house laws
- Assuring state welfare benefits are not awarded to those in the state illegally
PROTECTING YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS
Nancy believes it is your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Your safety and that of the community depends on your right as a law abiding citizen to protect yourself, your family, and your property. Nancy has supported and will continue to support legislation that strengthens your second amendment rights.