October 29, 2014
Things to know and ways to help before the big day next Tuesday. Your vote will make a difference! And your involvement can make or break a tight race, too. My race is wrapped up (thank you again for your support!). I have no general election opponent, but others are pretty tight.
- Judges? These are my picks for a YES vote: Robert Brutinel, Cynthia Baily, James Blomo, Boyd Dunn, Roger Brodman, Janice Crawford, Michael Herrod, Carey Hyatt, Brian Ishikawa, Joan Sinclair, Pamela Svoboda, Danielle Viola.
- Need info on the Propositions? Check this out.
- Phone bank for Ducey for Governor – Sign up for a shift to call undecided voters here. 4455 E. Camelback Rd. Suite E 260 Phoenix, 85018
- Get out the vote party for Michele Reagan for Secretary of State: Thursday, Oct. 30 at 4:00 p.m. LD 23 office – 7047 E. Greenway Pkwy, #250, Scottsdale
- Election Prayer: This Sunday, November 2nd from 2-5 p.m. at the State Capitol and at Pureheart Christian Fellowship at 6:30 p.m.
- Election Night Celebration at the HYATT downtown and stop by Suite 322 – where I will be joining Congressman Trent Franks. Festivities begin around 7:00 p.m.
- CAP Post Election Wrap-up with Hugh Hewitt: Friday, November 7th. Click here for more info.
October 16, 2014
STATEMENT BY LEGISLATORS OPPOSED TO PROPOSITION 480
The undersigned members of the Arizona Legislature oppose Proposition 480 for three basic reasons: cost, growth of government and uncertainty due to the many changes in the health-care delivery system. [Read more]
October 1, 2014
Candidates run for office for many reasons – not just to replace Common Core. Consider these candidates and their views on a host of issues before you vote:
October 1, 2014
Proposition 480: Blank check or a shot in the arm for Arizona?
Have you noticed the new hospitals being built in the valley over the past 10 years? Why are we doubling down on a taxpayer – funded hospital that competes with them? It makes no sense to increase taxes on small businesses that have seen their taxes rise 30% between 2009 and 2013 and are barely recovering from the recession. Read this piece from the experts at the Arizona Tax Research Association - Arizona’s taxpayer watchdogs. Further reading: Vote No on Prop. 480; it’s expensive and unwise and Vote No on 480
Proposition 487: Pension Reform or shenanigans? [Read more]
August 25, 2014
A STRONG ECONOMY and more…
Government doesn’t create wealth, but it can impede it. Low tax and regulatory environments attract business investment and allow existing businesses to thrive, creating the jobs that provide stable state revenues for education, public safety and infrastructure. Check out my record of promoting policies supporting a prosperous economic future for Arizona. [Read more]
July 3, 2014
- Americans for Prosperity “Friend of the Taxpayer” 2011 -2014. View Legislative scores.
- National Federation of Independent Business’ Guardian of Small Business - Scored 100%. See NFIB’s 2014 ‘Guardians‘.
- Free Enterprise Club – Perfect Score: “A”
Nancy is also endorsed for the State Senate in 2014 by:
- National Rifle Association of America Political Victory Fund – “A” rating
- Arizona Technology Council
- Arizona Right to Life
- Arizona Multi-Housing Association
- Arizona Realtors Association
- Arizona Society of Practicing Accountants
June 2, 2014
Of my 23 Prime Sponsored bills, 15 were signed into law this session. All passed with overwhelming bi-partisan support, if not unanimously.
At 65%, that is the highest % of bills passed by a lawmaker this session. Here’s the Arizona Capitol Times piece: Barto, Lovas lead in percentage of bills signed into law.
I am proud of these successes because each of them address concerns that are important to our state – and don’t increase the scope of government. In fact, in many cases, they reduced regulation, solved a critical issue, expanded consumer information or choice or kept an “out-of-control” board government agency in check. Here are some examples: [Read more]
May 30, 2014
Who do your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers rely on for information about candidates? You can be that person!
Host a candidate coffee or reception. To schedule a date/time, send an email to:
Now’s the time to plan YOUR event and make a difference in this year’s elections!
IMPORTANT: Did you know you can vote in the August primary even if you are an Independent? Request YOUR early ballot to vote today!
May 30, 2014
Campaign- here we come!
On May 5th I turned in 1,159 signatures to the Secretary of State’s office – qualifying me for the primary ballot. Number needed – 546.
Thank you to all who gathered signatures on my behalf and to those who signed my petition online!
Your support has been amazing!
Check out the pic: pic.twitter.com/C7qiKFsG7l
And be ready for the primary election: August 26th, 2014
October 24, 2013
Every election season candidates must gather petition signatures to qualify for the ballot – hundreds of them are required. And in case an opponent challenges them, candidates try to collect a few hundred more signatures to ensure they are all valid.
Now it is easier to support candidates running for office by signing their petitions. You can sign them securely online.
Check it out and while you’re at it, if you reside within Legislative District 15, please sign mine.
Click here to find the link. Thank you for your support!
Unsure of your district? Find it here.